Friday, December 2, 2011

Love something? Not your size? Tailor it!

So I went to the tailor today to pick up my jeans that I had just bought from Helmut Lang. Being that I am short and petite, most of my pants need to be hemmed. I feel the need to blog about this because many times people fail to realize that clothes can be tailored!

How many times have you gone shopping and you found something you absolutely love, but they don't have your size? This happens A LOT! But if you LOVE it, tailor it! The Helmut Lang jeans I bought are now one of my favorite pairs! I have even gotten clothes altered that look nothing like what it looked like when I first bought it. Get creative! 

You can do more than you think with your clothes. You can get pants hemmed or sleeves hemmed. You can get clothes taken in if something is too big. And believe it or not, you can even get clothes taken out if they are too small depending on how much material there is.

So remember, if you absolutely love something, (as my boyfriend would say, if it's a home run) take it to your tailor!

Side note:  If your clothes say to get them dry cleaned, dry clean them! You will most likely ruin a piece of clothing if it says to get it dry cleaned and you don't. Most of the time, there are directions for how to wash your clothes for a reason. Especially if it's an expensive piece, read the directions and follow them or else you will end up with a shrunken shirt or a faded color.

Now that we have gotten past what I think are some of the most important things to know when it comes to fashion, (Chanel, 10 Staples, The Color Black, and Tailoring) we can move on to what's in Fashion NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment